Want to learn more about cooking with essential oils? Grab my Cooking with Essential Oil Bundle today to have access to six different recipes. Grab the Bundle Here
Before we jump into the recipe, let’s talk about Cinnamon Bark and it’s versatility.
Among the many benefits of Cinnamon Bark oil is the powerful *cleansing properties. For this reason, dōTERRA recently formulated a mouthwash that includes Cinnamon Bark oil. Combine a few drops of dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil with water in a spray bottle to tackle your little one’s sticky mess. Due to its spicy and sweet flavor, you can substitute it for the powdered spice in baking.
Purchase a bottle of dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil here!
With summertime here I am all about some sweet tooth cravings (maybe that’s the pregnancy talking). I can’t remember the last time I had some delicious cinnamon rolls so I decided to give this doTERRA recipe a try and BOY was it AMAZING. Just the right amount of cinnamon and light and fluffy dough.
2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
1 tablespoon instant yeast
½ cup water
¼ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted (or coconut oil)
⅔ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 drop of Cinnamon Bark oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoon coconut milk (to desired thickness)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine the flour, yeast and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the sugar, butter, water and milk. Heat in the microwave until the mixture is hot and the butter is almost melted. Let the mixture cool. Gradually add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and mix until a soft and sticky dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 3-4 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, roll it out into a rectangle. Prepare the filling by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl except for the butter. Spread the butter over the top of the rolled dough, then cover with the filling. Cut out 24 strips of dough. Roll each up into a tight roll.
- Place the rolls into a greased 9×13 baking dish and place a piece of aluminum foil over top. Turn off your oven and place the covered rolls inside to rise for 45 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and turn ON your oven to 375 degrees. Once heated, remove the foil and bake the rolls for 15-18 minutes or until the centers are lightly golden brown in color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before frosting. While rolls are cooling, prepare the frosting by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beating by hand until smooth. Spread over the tops of the rolls.
Did you make them? Let me know how they turned out below!
As a certified aromatherapist, I only use doTERRA essential oils. They are vetted and are scientifically proven to be the only authentic oil company on the market today. Because of that I also promote and recommend doTERRA to potential customers. I am a wellness advocate with dōTERRA and my husband and I receive compensation and bonuses from dōTERRA. Interested in learning how essential oils can financially help you and your family? Contact me here
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.