Want to see if Essential Oils can benefit you and your family? Get some samples for free by filling out this form.
Toddlers are ticking time bombs of emotional blasts. At this point in my parenting journey, I say all the prayers to just make it through a cup of coffee before any meltdowns. Essential oils have played a vital role in helping diffuse some epic meltdowns from my very charismatic 3 year old the last few years.
I prefer rollers when dealing with toddlers, because they can be applied one handed while holding a screaming flailing child with the other, my toddler can open them and apply when SHE feels she needs them, they fit nicely in any purse or bag. Here are my top Toddler Tamers with essential oils:
1. Console – like I mentioned above, I prefer this in a roller, and thanks to dōTERRA, it comes pre-diluted for ease of application. Console is a blend of Frankincense Resin, Patchouli Leaf, Ylang Ylang Flower, Labdanum Stem/Twig, Amyris Bark, Sandalwood Wood, Rose Flower, Osmanthus Flower and helps counteract emotions of grief, sadness, or hopelessness.
2. Forgive – we all need some forgiveness in our day. I myself, use this regularly, but this really helps my daughter who has a steel trap memory even months later. She can hold onto some grudges when she wants to. Forgive is a blend of Fractionated Coconut Oil, Spruce Leaf, Bergamot Peel, Juniper Berry Fruit, Myrrh Resin, Arborvitae Wood, Nootka Tree Wood, Thyme Leaf, Citronella Herb and helps counteract negative feelings of anger while promoting positive feelings of contentment and patience.
3. Cheer – Its a wonderful uplifting blend of Fractionated Coconut Oil, Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Star Anise Fruit/Seed, Lemon Myrtle Leaf, Nutmeg Kernel, Vanilla Absolute, Ginger Root, Cinnamon Bark, Zdravetz Herb. It helps boost feelings of optimism, happiness, and positivity.
Next are my favorites for the diffuser in my daughter’s room:
4. Wintergreen – This is the oil of surrender and it helps uplift the mood and allows the strong will to let go of always needing to be right. My daughter requests this oil frequently when she is at my throat arguing all day long.
5. Thyme – The oil of releasing and forgiving. This one is great to combat feelings of anger or rage and for soothing the mind to allow for calm and peace to flow through. My daughter has a tendency to scream so loud at me that she will give herself a bloody nose (yes, she’s very strong willed)- so this is perfect for calming her down in those moments.
6. Birch – The oil of support. This is for those times where you feel unsupported or attacked. This encourages you to move on and stand strong in your beliefs. Ironically, after my daughter has been in time out, she asks for this one- almost as if to build herself back up in defense.
Do you have a toddler tantrum tamer that you use frequently? I’d love to hear about it!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.