Want to learn more about essential oils? Make sure you’re a part of our online community where we have weekly free educational videos, daily recipes, oil hacks and more. Join here.
My husband is a snorer. I feel as he ages, it gets worse. Or maybe I just don’t sleep as soundly. Either way, recently, I’ve strongly considered smothering him with a pillow in the middle of the night (kidding….sort of).
So we’ve tried several things at different stages of his “snoring” escapades and I’m sharing with you my top recommendations:
- Peppermint – When ingested, promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*
- Spearmint – Its sweet, refreshing aroma is cleansing and uplifting, making it ideal to evoke a sense of focus and positive mood. Spearmint is very different from Peppermint, making it a milder option to use on children and those with sensitive skin.
- Eucalyptus – The main chemical components of Eucalyptus radiata are eucalyptol and alpha-terpineol, making it an ideal oil to promote feelings of clear breathing and open airways and for creating a soothing massage experience.
- Thyme – Many studies have been done on Thyme to show it may be used to support respiratory wellness, the immune system, muscular health and joint support.
- Marjoram – when diffusing Marjoram, the airway passages are opened up and in effect, help you not to snore.
We place 2-3 drops of each in our bedroom diffuser about 30 minutes before heading to bed and haven’t had any issues since. When it’s light snoring (winter time)- we stick with the top 3, when it’s summer and his allergies are in full swing- it’s the bottom two heavy hitters seem to do the trick. Effects will vary on person to person, so play around with the drops and see how much you personally need until you find your magic blend.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.