Want to learn more about essential oils? Make sure you’re a part of our online community where we have weekly free educational videos, daily recipes, oil hacks and more. Join here.
Stress. The most overused word of the 21st century. Everyone is stressed. Everyone is overwhelmed. Everyone has bit off more than they can chew. But here’s the thing- you can do things to reduce your stress. You may not like my advice and that’s okay, but you can do something to change it. One of the things I like to utilize at the height of my stress – essential oils (duh!). And here’s why:
Essential oils have a physical response as well as an emotional response (read more here). Because of their potency and purity, they are able to affect the body on a cellular level. So inhaling or applying oils can reach to the very depths of your cells.
Why is this important? When you’re stressed, your body sends a flood of hormones which can increase adrenaline or cortisol levels. Adrenaline helps with that “fight of flight” symptom in life or death situations to help you remain focused and alert. Cortisol in high doses, is the thing that inhibits memory, affect blood sugar, regulates your metabolism.
What happens when you’re stressed then (in simple terms)? Your blood pressure rises, you can have symptoms of chest pain, headaches, you can even make yourself feel sick. If you keep your body under a constant state of stress then your body is unable to function at it should within normal cellular levels. People have been known to be operating at such a high level of stress for a prolonged period of time to where they can even make organs shut down or have issues functioning. Your body isn’t a robot, where you just swap out the batteries and it is kick started. It’s a living, breathing being – and too much stress is a bad thing.
So it’s your choice- do something about it or drive yourself into the ground- literally. If you’re willing to do something, then continue on reading because I’m going to share some less common oils that can help with stress management. For my more common oils go here.
- Zendocrine – Zendocrine helps cleanse the body of toxins and free radicals that can slow the body’s systems down, leaving a heavy, weighted feeling.*
- Breathe – Breathe can be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at nighttime to calm the senses and promote a restful sleep.
- Lifelong Vitality (Daily Supplements) – this trio of supplements gives your body everything it needs in order to function at it’s optimal capacity and give energy to your cells so that they may function at their best.
- PastTense – This proprietary blend was carefully crafted with essential oils that contain cooling, calming, and soothing properties and can be used in a variety of different ways to help reduce stressful and anxious feelings.
- Black Pepper – Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings.
- Cardamom – Its distinct scent can promote a positive mood.
- Melissa – Because of its positive effect on mood, Melissa has long been used to calm feelings of tension and nervousness.
- Petitgrain – Take internally to help ease feelings of tension, help calm the nervous system, and promote restful sleep.*
- Siberian Fir – When diffused, Siberian Fir can help promote feelings of easy breathing, while calming the emotions and providing a grounding effect.
- Thyme – place beneath pillows to help promote a peaceful sleep and to ward off nightmares
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.