Want to learn more about essential oils? Make sure you’re a part of our online community where we have weekly free educational videos, daily recipes, oil hacks and more. Join here.
I was pretty hesitant to try Grapefruit oil – maybe it was from all that bad dieting advice on eating fresh grapefruit every morning (GROSS!). I was expecting it to be sour and just awful tasting like fresh grapefruit from the store. If you like fresh Grapefruit, I’m sorry, but I do not know if we can be friend. Unlike the fruit, the oil is so fresh and light. It gives such an uplifting aroma and scent.
My favorite way to use it is to diffuse it in our home. It’s not my favorite oil to add to water, but I hear from lots of my customers that they enjoy it and it gets them drinking large amounts of water throughout the day. So definitely try it and see if you like it!
Ways to Use Grapefruit
- Add to your teenager’s facial routine to improve the appearance of blemishes (avoid sun exposure).
- Diffuse while dieting or trying to lose weight to increase motivation.
- Add one to two drops to your water to support a healthy metabolism.*
- Add dōTERRA Grapefruit to your body scrubs and body wash to stimulate smooth and radiant skin.
- In moments of distraction, diffuse dōTERRA Grapefruit to bring a sense of focus to the task at hand.
Kid Friendly Soap Recipe
Cautions with Grapefruit
Grapefruit essential oil is considered a photosensitive oil, meaning if you use it on your skin and are exposed to the sun, it could cause redness and irritation. It’s best to avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after using grapefruit on your skin.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
I am a wellness advocate with dōTERRA and my husband and I receive compensation and bonuses from dōTERRA. Interested in learning how essential oils can financially help you and your family? Contact me here